Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Awesome batter for Fish

Had left over salmon sashimi slices and decided to make battered fish for the kids. This is the recipe I went with plus some of my own seasoning. The result is very crispy batter and a happy #2. I'll try it with prawns after I'm no longer OD-ing over my Ngor Hiang and Bakwan Kepiting.

Original recipe from http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/crispy-fish-with-sweet-and-sour-sauce-1608. I only used step 1 for the batter.

Awesome batter for Fish - Thank you Epicurious!
1 cup plain flour
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons double action baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 cup water

Mix them all together. Batter done.

Now for the fish! I coated each slice with cornstarch and dipped it in to the batter. I had left the fish and batter in the fridge til it was time for dinner (around an hour) and shallow fried them in hot oil.

Toddler verdict? Thumbs up!




No comments:

Post a Comment